Thank you for your interest in the Guerin Catholic High School 家长协会!
欢迎 to the Guerin Catholic 家长协会!
Our mission is to support our students, teachers and families through a variety of events and programming. As we begin the 2023-2024 school year, we will have many in person opportunities for you to be involved. Please use the join button above to share your contact information and become a member of the 家长协会.
Please take a moment to look through the activities below and see what may be a good fit for you. We understand that your schedule may not allow you to volunteer at this time. If this is your situation, please consider making a donation to the 家长协会 as those funds go directly to support our students, teachers and staff.
The weekly Guerin Catholic Update e-newsletter is sent each Friday and contains the latest information, news and activities of
the entire GCHS community, including the 家长协会. Any changes or additions to 家长协会 activities and events will be posted in the weekly Update.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out. We are looking forward to an exciting year with you.
2023 – 2024 Guerin Catholic 家长协会 President
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR PARENTS:
Trivia Night: Saturday, November 11, 2023
– 家长协会’s largest fundraiser – “Adults Only” Event
– Event planning, set-up, check-in, raffle sales, food/beverage service, and clean-up
– Time Commitment: daytime/evening and day of event.
– Update outdoor birthday signs (Ongoing)
– Time Commitment: at your convenience
Golden Eagle Snack Stand:
– Staffs the Snack Stand from 3:10 – 4:15 pm on school days
– Time Commitment: one hour after school 1 to 2 days/month
Nest Fest (Retreat for Incoming Freshmen and Parents): Saturday, August 5, 2023
– Assist with set-up, serving and clean-up
– Time Commitment: Saturday before school starts
招生 Hospitality & 开放的房子
– Assists with 开放的房子 for prospective students/families (Sunday, October 1, 12-2 pm)
– Assist with Prospective Parent Breakfasts and Football Tailgates
– Time Commitment: primarily weekends
Provide volunteers, food, supplies, etc for GC Campus Ministry Office 事件, including:
– Grade Level Spiritual 撤退
– March for Life (January)
– Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital 事件
– Dominican Sisters 事件
Plan, provide and assist with meal set-up, including:
– Progress Report Nights (September, January, April)
– Teacher Appreciation Lunches
– Time Commitment: early afternoon &/或下车
– Provides variety of snacks every Tuesday for faculty and staff
– Time Commitment: drop off of items
Prom: (Saturday, April 27, 2024)
– Assist junior and senior classes with planning and coordination of prom
– Assist with ticket sales, decorations, set up and clean up
– Time Commitment: daytime, evenings, weekend of event
Homecoming (October 2-6, 2023):
– Assist with Homecoming apparel distribution, Homecoming Dance decorating/set-up and clean-up
Grandparents’ Day (September 1, 2023):
– Assists with breakfast including set-up, serving, clean-up
Winter Semi-Formal (Saturday, January 27, 2024):
– Provide snacks, desserts and water for event
Time Commitment: Mostly day of event